September 9, 2019
Seasonal Organization: Back To School Tips With Local Storage
The kids are headed back to school and that means winter is around the corner. What will you do with your summer items? Use the garage for the car this winter or clean up after a fun summer of traveling with the family. Ideal Self Storage has the answers! Our local storage in Lewisburg PA, Selinsgrove PA, Sunbury PA, and Sinking Spring PA give you the options to store your summer items like a pro.
Check out some of the helpful solutions we have for getting back to school ready and moving a few things to a storage unit.
Storage Tips for Fall
- If you plan on swapping the lawnmower for snowblower, change the oil and remove the gas before storing it.
- Put the kids peddle bikes into the storage unit looking like new. Ask the kids to clean off the dirt and add a little oil to the chain.
- Recreational items are best stored with us in clearly marked boxes. Find moving boxes in our office!
- Store your RV or summer car with Ideal Self Storage. A few of our locations provide a safe place to store your vehicles during winter.
- Camping gear can be heavy so use a sturdy shelf in your storage unit to hold all the tools you need next season.
Around the House Back To School Organization
- Plan ahead and get the kids involved in planning their lunches for the week. They can make meals easy to grab and choices they want.
- Your family command station can be somewhere close to the door with a calendar and message board for reminders before you head out the door.
- Use apps like Cozi or a shared Google calendar to keep everyone’s schedule in order.
- Put a few extra supplies in a pencil case in the car for those hectic mornings.
Ideal Self Storage has two offices, with 5 locations to help you store your belongings for the season. Choose a local storage location near you and start storing today!